Muffin Tin Potato Gratin
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large white potato (1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mince the garlic. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Prepare 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese into the sauce until melted. Add ground pepper and set the saucepan aside.
- Stack the potato slices in prepared muffin cups, then spoon the sauce over the potatoes. Top each potato stack with 1 teaspoon of remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and browned, about 25 minutes. Let cool in cups for 5 to 7 minutes. Loosen with a knife and remove from cups to serve.