Omelet with Summer Vegetables
- CKD non-dialysis
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon Extra Spicy Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 ounce low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, zucchini and onions to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
Heat a 10” nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine water, pepper (or Mrs. Dash®), egg whites and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan; cook until edges begin to set (about 2 minutes). Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula, tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come into contact with the pan.
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto half of omelet, sprinkle cheese over vegetable mixture. Loosen omelet with a spatula and fold in half. Cook 2 minutes more or until cheese melts. Carefully slide omelet onto a plate.