The Spicy Frittata
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- t2 tablespoons canned green chilies, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Beat together eggs, egg whites, turmeric, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon broth in a 10” or 12” stainless steel skillet.
Add onion, garlic, zucchini and green chilies. Sauté for about three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato and cilantro.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Turn heat to low, cover and cook for about 10 minutes, checking periodically to see if eggs are firm.
- When done, run a rubber spatula around edge of frittata, cut into four wedges and serve.