Baked Chicken with Rice Stuffing Lower Protein
- CKD non-dialysis
2 ounces chicken, 1/3 cup rice stuffing
- 4 pound whole roasting chicken
- 2/3 cups parboiled rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Rinse chicken and remove giblets from inside cavity. Pat dry with paper towel and rub chicken with oil.
- In a medium bowl combine rice, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, black pepper, bell pepper, scallions, pineapple and pineapple juice. Spoon mixture into cavity of chicken to stuff.
- Place chicken breast side up in a roasting pan or Dutch oven. Cook uncovered for 1-1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 180-185° F. Rice stuffing should reach at least 165° F. Let chicken rest 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon rice stuffing from chicken cavity and place on a serving platter. Portion half of the chicken into 2 ounce portions and serve.
- Refrigerate or freeze remaining chicken.