- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken breast
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup trans-fat free margarine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 4 fresh basil sprigs, optional garnish
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Place chicken breast halves in a glass baking pan. Pierce each breast with a fork several times to allow mixture to season and flavor as it cooks.
Melt margarine in a glass mixing bowl in the microwave. Start at 15 seconds and stir to distribute heat.
To melted margarine, add basil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash®. Stir mixture with a fork or whisk.
Pour mixture evenly over chicken breasts making sure parmesan cheese is smoothly distributed.
Baked uncovered, basting every 10 minutes with mixture from the pan, for a total of about 25 minutes or until juices in chicken are clear, not pink.