Sour Cream and Onion Turkey Burgers
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 pound ground turkey 7% fat
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 cracked wheat hamburger buns
- Dice the onion and chives.
- Combine the onion, turkey, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Form turkey mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Grill the turkey patties over medium heat, until well cooked, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Burgers are done when a meat thermometer registers 165˚ F.
- Place each burger on the bottom part of the bun, top with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1/2 tablespoon chives. Place the other half of bun on top and serve.