Chicken in Rosemary-Garlic Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken breast with 1 tablespoon sauce
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, snipped into small pieces
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head garlic, each clove sliced, not chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- black pepper (optional, to taste)
- Mix broth, balsamic vinegar, white wine and rosemary in a 9" x 13" glass or Pyrex baking dish.
- Add chicken breasts and marinate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- Spray a large sauté pan with the nonstick cooking spray and add the oil.
- Over a medium to medium-high heat, sauté the sliced garlic until just lightly golden; do not brown.
- Remove garlic and set aside.
- Turn heat to high. Remove chicken from the marinade, sprinkle with black pepper and place in pan.
- Cook on high heat approximately one minute on each side, just until chicken is nicely golden.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, add the sautéed garlic slices and reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer approximately 15 minutes, turning chicken breasts over after seven minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and return the heat to high. Bring the liquid to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium high, stirring constantly until it has been reduced to a syrup-like consistency.