- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken breast with 2 tablespoons sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Thinly slice onion and garlic cloves. Coarsely chop parsley.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2" thickness using a meat mallet. Place 1 teaspoon of the flour in a small bowl and set aside. Place remaining flour and black pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour; shake off excess.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in the same pan; swirl to coat. Add onions and sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to reserved 1 teaspoon flour; stir until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Stir in flour mixture; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons butter and lemon juice.
- Place chicken breast half on plates; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle each serving with about 2 teaspoons parsley.