Chicken with Provencal Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken breast half + 2 tablespoons sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- Place one piece of chicken on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap.Use a meat mallet to pound chicken until even and flat.
- Sprinkle pounded chicken with black pepper.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook approximately 6 minutes on each side until done. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan. Cook one minute, stirring constantly. Add broth, bay leaf and Herbs de Provence; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until broth mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and butter, stirring constantly until butter melts.
- Serve sauce over chicken.