Chicken with Quinoa and Wild Rice
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups Swiss chard
- 1 cup red onion
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Shred Swiss chard. Chop the red onion and garlic.
- Add olive oil, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, pepper, onion, garlic, quinoa and wild rice and chicken broth to a 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan. Mix ingredients together.
- Add Swiss chard on top of rice mixture.
- Add chicken thighs on top of Swiss chard.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is done and the majority of chicken broth has been absorbed.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes. While dish is cooling, chop fresh parsley and combine with remaining 2 tablespoon lemon juice. Sprinkle on top and enjoy!