Crock-Pot® Oriental Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
chicken breast, 1/2-cup vegetables and 1/2-cup rice
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 green onions
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces canned bamboo shoots
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups cooked white rice
Slice the carrots, green onions and celery. Crush the garlic. Rinse and slice the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
Heat the oil in a skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
Transfer chicken to a Crock-Pot®.
Add all ingredients except the cornstarch and water. Stir, then cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours.
Turn Crock-Pot to high. Combine cornstarch and cold water, stirring until smooth, then stir into the Crock-Pot liquid. Position Crock-Pot lid ajar to allow steam to escape. Cook on high until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Serve chicken and vegetables over rice.