Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes
- CKD non-dialysis
1/6 recipe on 1 hamburger bun
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey, 7% fat
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
Chop onion and bell pepper.
Place in a large skillet with turkey and cook over medium high heat until turkey is cooked through. Do not drain.
In a small bowl, mix together the Mrs. Dash® seasoning, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce.
Add seasonings to the turkey mixture. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Divide into 6 portions and serve on hamburger buns.