Fabulous Chicken Marsala
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces chicken, 1 cup pasta
Sprinkle pepper on cut chicken.
- Cut chincken into medium-sized pieces.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook until just brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté.
- Add garlic and mushrooms; continue to sauté until onions are tender.
- Add wine and simmer until juices are reduced by half. Stir in mustard.
- Return chicken to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. (If sauce is too thick, add 1/2-cup water or more until desired consistency is achieved.)
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Make fettuccini according to package directions, but without salt. Serve one cup fettuccini with each chicken breast and garnish with parsley sprigs.