Grilled Buttermilk Garlic Marinated Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
1 breast or 2 drumsticks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, with skin (or 4 chicken drumsticks)
- Chop the garlic cloves.
- To make the marinade add buttermilk, olive oil, garlic and black pepper to a large zip top bag. Seal the bag and shake to combine ingredients.
- Place chicken in the buttermilk marinade, seal bag and shake to distribute evenly.
- Refrigerate the chicken at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from marinade and place on the grill. Discard extra marinade. Grill the chicken until internal temperature reaches 160-165º F.