Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Corn
- CKD non-dialysis
3-1/2 ounces chicken, 1/2 ear of corn, 5 asparagus spears
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 large or 2 medium breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon herb-spice mix (cumin, paprika, chili powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 ear fresh corn on the cob (Colorado corn if available)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- Season chicken breast with one tablespoon olive oil, cracked black pepper, herb-spice mix and crushed red pepper flakes. Add chicken to hot spot of the grill, seasoned side down. Grill for 12 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, cut asparagus and place on the grill. Season with black pepper and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Grill asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut the ear of corn in half and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Grill corn for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly charred. After taking corn off the grill, add a squeeze of lemon juice and the chopped chives.
- Squeeze lemon over chicken and asparagus to taste.