Lemon Thyme Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken breast
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim chicken breasts and pound until thin.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, and reserve.
- Add onion to oil left in the skillet and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, lemon juice, thyme and black pepper. Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.