Ranch Chicken Pasta
- CKD non-dialysis
16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup unenriched rice milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add rice milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and fold in sour cream until well mixed.
- Add chicken and pasta. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.