Roasted Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables
- CKD non-dialysis
1 piece chicken and 3/4 cup vegetables
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrots
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 large red onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Slice the zucchini 1/2" thick; slice the carrot and bell pepper 1/4" thick; cut onion into 1/2" wedges; crush garlic cloves.
- Combine the zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, onion, garlic and oil in a 13" x 9" roasting pan. Season the mixture with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and toss to coat. Roast until vegetables are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, lift up the skin from the chicken breasts and rub the flesh with black pepper and crumbled rosemary. Replace the skin, and then season the chicken all over with additional pepper and rosemary, as desired.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and place the chicken, skin sides up, on top of the vegetables. Return to the oven and continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender (about 35 minutes).