Roasted Turkey Breast with Salt-free Herb Seasoning
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 pound fresh turkey breast half, bone-in, with skin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup onion
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Finely mince the onion. Melt the butter, and then add the onion and herb seasoning blend. Divide the mixture in half.
- In a large roasting pan or skillet, place the turkey breast skin side down. Coat with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture.
- Turn the breast over and loosen the skin with your fingers. Spread 3 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture between the flesh and skin. Use toothpicks to attach the edges of the skin to the breast meat.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread remaining seasoning mixture over turkey skin.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160º F.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let turkey breast rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.