Super Tender Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
2 ounces chicken, 1/6th sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium red apples
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Mince garlic and thinly slice onion and apples (skin on).
- Mix flour and all of the spices in a gallon size zip lock bag. Coat chicken breast with the mixture by shaking all ingredients in the locked bag.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add apples. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in apple juice, brown sugar and the cooked chicken, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until desired tenderness.