Sweet and Tangy Oven-fried Chicken
1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 pounds)
Heat oven to 350° F.
Lightly coat a 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk together low sugar apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Mix cornflakes, thyme and pepper in a large plastic bag (such as a bread bag or zipped-locked style bag).
Brush chicken breasts with apricot mixture, then coat in crumb mixture.
Place chicken in prepared baking dish.
Bake for 35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170° F on instant-read thermometer.
Serve immediately, or chill and take to a picnic.