- CKD non-dialysis
6 medium apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray tube pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel, core and cut apples into slices or chunks.
- Combine cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar. Mix in apple and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Layer half the cake batter, then the apple, then remaining cake batter in prepared tube pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes until golden brown or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.