Cranberries in Snow
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup cran-cherry juice
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 packets Knox® unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, canned in juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups Reddi-Wip® dairy whipped topping
- In a medium sauce pan, boil the cran-cherry juice.
- Add the cranberries and return to boiling, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook until berries are tender, about10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Stir in the gelatin and 1-1/4 cups of the sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Let cool, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the drained pineapple to cranberry mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into a 9" x 13" pan or for individual servings pour 1/3 cup cranberry mixture into dessert glasses. Chill until set, approximately 1 hour.
- Set the cream cheese out to soften, about 30 minutes.
- Make the topping in a large bowl by mixing remaining 3/4-cup sugar and the softened cream cheese with a hand mixer. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread topping smoothly over congealed cranberry mixture in pan or spoon 1/4 cup on top of each individual serving. Refrigerate to chill topping.