Cranberries in Snow
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup cran-cherry juice
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 packets Knox® unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, canned in juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups Reddi-Wip® dairy whipped topping
- In a medium sauce pan, boil cran-cherry juice.
- Add cranberries, return to boil then reduce heat to medium. Cook until tender (10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin and 1-1/2 cups of the sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Let cool, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add drained pineapple to gelatin. Mix well. Pour into a 9" x 13" pan and chill until set,approximately 1 hour.
- Set cream cheese out to soften, about 30 minutes.
- After cranberry dish is set, make topping in a large bowl by mixing remaining 3/4-cup sugar, cream cheese with a hand mixer. Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread topping smoothly over cranberries.
- Refrigerate to chill topping. Serve cold.