- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 ounces canned raspberry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons water
- Set the cream cheese out to soften. Separate the egg into the white and yolk. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, butter, cream cheese, egg yolk and 3 tablespoons of the sugar. Using your hands, knead the mixture until well blended and dough holds together. Shape the dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Lightly flour a flat surface. With a rolling pin, roll out 1/4 of the dough until thin, about 1/8-inch thick. Keep the rest of the dough refrigerated until ready to use.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the raspberry filling onto the dough circle. Cut the dough into 12 equal wedges.
- Starting on the large side of one wedge, roll to the center, creating a pinwheel. Repeat with remaining 11 wedges. Place cookies pointed side down onto a cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, working with 1/4 of the dough each time.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar. In another small bowl, beat the water and egg white. Brush each cookie with the egg white mixture and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.