Grandma Steele’s Wedding Dessert
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups cranberry-cherry juice
- 2 packets Knox® unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 packet Dream Whip® whipped topping mix
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Boil the cranberry-cherry juice. Add unflavored gelatin and whisk to dissolve. Pour into an 8” x 8” pan. Put in refrigerator until set. Cut into 64 pieces. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine protein powder, Dream Whip®, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand-mixer on high until soft peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
Use a spatula to remove the gelatin cubes from the pan and put into the whipped topping. Gently fold gelatin cubes into the whipped topping. Serve and enjoy.