High Protein Lemon Raspberry Mousse
- 48 vanilla wafers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 small box lemon gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice
- 4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 8 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line an 8” x 8” pan with plastic wrap.
- Line bottom of pan with 16 vanilla wafers.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest together.
- Pour gelatin powder in a separate bowl and add boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. Add ice cubes.
- When ice cubes are completely melted, gradually add gelatin and protein powder to cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk in Cool Whip and combine ingredients.
- Pour half of the mixture over the wafers, and top with another 16 vanilla wafers.
- Lightly heat raspberry preserves and brush on top of vanilla wafers with a pastry brush.
- Pour the other half of mixture on top of raspberry preserves and top with 16 remaining wafers, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Before serving remove mousse from the pan by placing a tray on top of the pan and flipping it. Remove pan and plastic wrap.
- Cut into 12 servings and top with remaining Cool Whip and raspberries.