Home-style Vanilla Ice Cream
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup low cholesterol egg product
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups liquid nondairy creamer
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- rock salt and ice (for ice cream machine)
- Using a 1-quart, microwavable bowl, beat egg product and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in non-dairy creamer and microwave for 1 minute, or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat. When cool, stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into center container of the ice cream machine.
- Layer ice and rock salt around container, alternating layers until bucket is full.
- Process according to manufacturer’s instructions for your particular ice cream machine.