Lively Lemon Tart
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (divided use)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Stir together flour, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and salt. Add butter using a pastry blender or fork, until mixture appears crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides of an 8” tart pan (or other 8” pan with removable bottom such as a spring form pan). Prick bottom of crust with a fork; cover and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place tart pan on a larger pan and bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Remove from oven to let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
- Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth. Add granulated sugar and continue to beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well. Add lemon juice and zest, and beat again until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Cover tart and refrigerate 1 hour until chilled.
- Beat whipping cream and remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar together until soft peaks form. Spoon dollops of topping around edge of tart and serve.