Mandarin Orange Gelatin Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 small box orange gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 11 ounces canned mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 14 graham crackers (2-1/2” x 5” pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Boil water and add orange gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate filling until partially set and then add drained mandarin oranges.
- While gelatin is setting, make crust. Crush graham crackers. Stir in melted butter and sugar. Pat into a 9” pie pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let crust cool.
- For the whipped cream, place bowl and whisk in freezer for 10-15 minutes. Place heavy whipping cream in bowl and whip until stiff. (Can be done with hand-mixer, stand mixer, or by hand.) Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Spoon gelatin mixture into crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until completely set.