More Momma's Blackbery Mountain Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups blackberries
- 13 tablespoons sugar (divided use)
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup Rice Dream® Original Rice Drink
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- While oven is still preheating, place butter in a 2-quart baking dish, and pop into oven until butter is completely melted. (Don’t forget to remove from oven once butter has finished melting.)
- As butter is melting, combine blackberries and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and remaining 12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) sugar in another small bowl.
- Add Rice Dream® to flour mixture and stir well.
- Pour batter into the baking dish with the melted butter, and top with fruit mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.