Palacsinta (Dessert Pancakes)
- CKD non-dialysis
1 palacsinta with filling
- 4 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups liquid nondairy creamer
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- To make filling place cottage cheese into a cheese cloth and twist into a ball. Place in a colander, place colander into a mixing bowl, and refrigerate for safety. Allow liquid to drain for at least two hours.
- Mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs lightly and add the non-dairy creamer.
- Combine flour mixture and egg mixture and whisk until it is a smooth, thin batter. Allow batter to rest for an hour.
- Heat an 8" omelet pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot pan and flip when bubbles appear in the center.
- Stack the pancakes onto a dinner plate and keep in a warm oven until ready to assemble.
- Mix drained cottage cheese with raisins, 5 tablespoons sugar and vanilla.
- Fill each palacsinta with 1/4 cup filling and roll it up. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.