- CKD non-dialysis
1 piece or 1/8 pie
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup juice-packed peaches
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope unflavored Knox® gelatin
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 10” size
- Gradually beat sugar into softened cream cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- With a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, use a hand-mixer to whip the heavy cream until firm peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Drain peaches, measure 1 cup and puree in food processor or blender. Add fruit puree to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and stir it well for one to two minutes to cool.
- Add gelatin to fruit and cream cheese mixture. Mix well then pour filling into the pie shell.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to set before serving.