- CKD non-dialysis
1 bar (approximately 3” x 3”)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup Crisco® shortening
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk or milk substitute
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 7 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Blend flour, shortening and milk or milk substitute.
- Press onto a 17” X 11” ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Mix pineapple, cornstarch and granulated sugar together.
- Pour over crust and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Cream together powdered sugar, margarine, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Spread over cooled crust; chill, and then cut into squares.
- Top with diced maraschino cherries if desired.