Pineapple Rum Crème Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 angel food cake, 10-inch diameter
- 16 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- 4-1/2 ounces rum
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- Thaw Cool Whip®. Slice cake into 3 even slices lengthwise and place bottom piece on a cake plate.
- Using a teaspoon, sprinkle 1/3 of rum over cake. Spread 1 cup Cool Whip over cake, followed by 3/4 cup pineapple and syrup.
- Top with middle cake slice and repeat step 2 above.
- Place third cake slice on top, repeat rum and spread remaining Cool Whip over cake to cover.
- Chill well before serving.
- Slice into 12 portions.