- CKD non-dialysis
1 square (1/12 recipe)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 12 ounces Cool Whip® lite frozen dessert topping, thawed
- 1 cup salt-free pretzels, crushed coarsely
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted margarine, melted
- 1 large box sugar-free strawberry gelatin mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 16 ounces unsweetened frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir hot water into dry gelatin until dissolved completely. Add frozen strawberries and stir until berries are separated. Chill in refrigerator while making the crust and filling.
- To make the crust, combine pretzels, sugar and margarine in a bowl. Press into a 9” x 13” pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside in a cool area.
- To make filling, blend together cream cheese and Splenda® sweetener. Add Cool Whip® dessert topping. Spread over cooled pretzel crust.
- Pour partially set gelatin and strawberries over cream cheese mixture.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into 12 equal-size portions.