Pumpkin Layer Cheesecake
- CKD non-dialysis
1/10 of 9" round pan
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Set cream cheese out to soften and melt margarine.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and melted margarine. Press into bottom or a 9" spring form pan and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Splenda, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Set aside one cup of the cream cheese mixture and pour remaining mixture over pie crust in spring form pan.
- Combine the cup of cream cheese mixture with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Pour over top of the cream cheese filling in the spring form pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until center of pie is almost set.
- Cool pie to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.