Red, White and Blue Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
2-1/4” x 2” piece
- 1 small box blueberry gelatin
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, partly thawed
- Prepare blueberry gelatin according to package directions.
- Pour gelatin into 13” x 9” x 2” glass baking dish, refrigerate until set.
- In a medium bowl, beat together whipping cream and sugar.
- Add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Dissolve unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup water. Blend into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture over set blueberry gelatin. Refrigerate until set.
- Dissolve strawberry gelatin in 1 cup hot water. Add partially thawed strawberries with juice.
- Pour strawberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into 2-1/4” x 2” pieces.