- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 10 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Wash and hull fresh strawberries. Reserve three strawberries cut into halves for garnish.
- Place berries in a food processor and puree. Pour puree into a mixing bowl and stir in 4 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.
- Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl. Beat to soft peaks.
- Gradually add 6 tablespoons of sugar to egg whites until they are stiff and glossy.
- Fold the strawberry puree and vanilla into the egg whites Put the mixture in a glass bowl and chill.
- Just before serving, spoon whipped topping over top of mousse.
- Decorate with reserved strawberry halves.