- CKD non-dialysis
- 10 ounces of pound cake, prepared
- 12 ounces regular cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely grated
- 4 ounces brewed espresso
- Using a serrated knife, cut pound cake into 10 equal slices and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, vanilla and sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine cocoa and grated chocolate in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Pour espresso into a shallow dish.
- Dip both sides of 4 pieces of pound cake into the espresso, then place in bottom of 8" loaf pan. Break up pieces, if necessary, in order to coat bottom of pan.
- Gently spread 1/3 of cream cheese mixture over cake layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 cocoa mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining slices, cream cheese mixture and cocoa mixture to make 3 layers.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, then cut into 10 pieces and serve.