Traverse City Cherry Crisp
- CKD non-dialysis
- 20 ounces canned cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pour cherry pie filling into an ungreased 8” x 8” x 2” baking pan. Stir in almond extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar (or Splenda® brown sugar blend) and cinnamon; mix well. Add butter; stir with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top and filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, top with whipped topping.