Very Berry Galatte
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pie crust, unformed (such as Pillsbury® refrigerated pie dough)
- 3-1/2 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Roll pie dough into a 12” circle. Place on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine thawed berries and 2 tablespoons sugar (or Splenda® granular sweetenter sugar substitute).
- Arrange mixture in center of dough leaving a 2” to 3” border. Fold edges of dough in towards the center, pressing gently to seal. (Dough will only partially cover the berries.)
- Melt preserves by heating in the microwave 10–20 seconds.
- Brush folded-in edges of the dough with melted preserves. Bake for 10 minutes; then reduce heat to 350° F. Bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar or Splenda®.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut into 8 wedges as you would a pie.