Very Berry Galette(2)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pie crust, unformed (refrigerated or frozen pie dough)
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Thaw the pie dough and berries.
- Roll the pie dough into a 12" circle. Place on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the thawed berries and 2 tablespoons of sugar (or sugar substitute).
- Arrange the berry mixture in the center of the dough leaving a 2" to 3" border. Fold the edges of dough in towards the center, pressing gently to seal. (Dough will only partially cover the berries.)
- Melt the preserves by heating in the microwave 10 to 20 seconds.
- Brush folded-in edges of the dough with melted preserves. Bake for 10 minutes; then reduce heat to 350° F. Bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove galette from the oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut into 6 wedges as you would a pie.