Arroz con Gandules (Rice with Pigeon Peas)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sofrito
- 1 teaspoon Bijol® annotto powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 chicken-flavor bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup canned pigeon peas
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- Drain and rinse pigeon peas. Mince garlic.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan.
- Add Sofrito, Bijol® powder, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, bouillon cube and pigeon peas.
- Stir fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes to seal in juices.
- In large sauce pan, prepare rice following the recipe on the package, omitting salt.
- Mix rice in with the ingredients in large saucepan and serve.