- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 cups celery
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 7 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices white bread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat over to 325° F.
- Chop celery and onion. Cube the bread slices.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté celery and onion, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1/3 of the bread cubes.
- Remove from heat and place bread mixture in a deep bowl.
- Add remaining bread cubes, sage, thyme, pepper and poultry seasoning; mix well.
- Place stuffing in a greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.