Better Than Packaged Rice Pilaf
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 ounces vermicelli noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup parboiled rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube chicken-flavor bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash® Onion and Herb seasoning blend
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Break vermicelli noodles into 2″ pieces and cook, stirring often until noodles begin to brown.
- Add rice and stir to coat rice evenly with remaining melted butter.
- Crush chicken bouillon and add to skillet along with water and Mrs. Dash herb seasoning. Stir to blend ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and cook 20 minutes. Do not remove the cover.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit covered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.