Couscous with Vegetables
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup raw mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- Set peas out to thaw. Mince onion, thinly slice mushrooms and crush garlic. Mince parsley.
- In a nonstick pan, melt margarine.
- Add peas, onion, mushrooms, garlic and wine. Sauté 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add spices and blend well. Add parsley and stir well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, toss vegetable mixture with prepared couscous. Serve immediately.