Cranberry and Roasted Garlic Risotto
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mince onion.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add roasted garlic and onion in saucepan and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and dried cranberries to rice mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately.