Cranberry Rice Pilaf
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon black cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- Soak rice and all ingredients for 40-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Place all ingredients in a rice cooker.
- If using a microwave rice cooker, microwave for 12 minutes at full power. If cooking stove top, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.