Elegant and Easy Lemon Rice with Vegetables
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® original herb seasoning
- 10 tablespoons rice, uncooked
- Slice celery and chop onion. Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Sauté celery and onion in 1-1/2 tablespoons margarine in a large skillet.
- Stir in water, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, pepper and Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice, allow water to boil again then cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Melt remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons of margarine in a small skillet. Sauté mushrooms until tender.
- Spoon mushrooms into rice mixture and stir to combine. Serve hot and enjoy.