Fresh Herb Cranberry Stuffing
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup liquid low-cholesterol egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chicken or turkey stock
- Chop the onion and celery. Chop the fresh herbs. Cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan. Sauté the onion and celery until tender. Remove from heat.
- Toss in the cubed bread, pepper, poultry seasoning, fresh herbs and cranberries.
- Mix egg product and stock. Pour it into the bread mixture and mix lightly.
- Place the stuffing into the turkey body cavity and neck to cook, or bake stuffing separately in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray at 350º F for 45 minutes.