Fresh Herb Cranberry Stuffing
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 8 slices white bread
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- 1/2 cup liquid low-cholesterol egg substitute
- 1/4 cup giblet stock
- Chop onion and celery. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Chop fresh herbs.
- Melt butter in a nonstick frying pan. Sauté onion and celery. Remove from heat.
- Toss in cubed bread, pepper, poultry seasoning, fresh herbs and cranberries.
- Mix egg product and giblet stock. Pour into bread mixture and mix lightly.
- Place the stuffing into the turkey body cavity and neck to cook.