Garlicky Penne Pasta with Asparagus
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to instructions, omitting salt.
- Cut asparagus into 2" pieces. Mince garlic.
- In a medium skillet heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, Tabasco sauce, lemon juice and black pepper to skillet and cook for 6 minutes until tender crisp.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a bowl. Add asparagus and toss.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve.